Mission, Vision, & Governing Values
"Every Student, Every Day, A Success"
The school district of Seward, in cooperation with parents and community, affirms that all students will have the skills to become productive and contributing members of a global community. The district is committed to the development of each student academically, emotionally, socially and physically.
- All students can learn when their unique needs are met.
- In collaboration with the community, we believe in preparing the total student by offering opportunities to develop life skills and to achieve academic success.
- We believe in providing a physically and emotionally safe environment.
- We believe in fostering an appreciation and understanding of diverse populations and global issues.
- We believe in developing the abilities of our staff to improve student learning.
- We believe in developing technologically literate students and staff so these tools can be used to improve learning.
- We will make decisions in the best interest of the students.
- We will hire, recruit, and retain quality staff with high expectations for all students.
- We will provide professional development for staff.
- We will focus on the whole student providing the support needed to be successful academically, emotionally, physically and socially.
- We will provide reasonable resources for student success.
- We will maintain and practice procedures for the safety and security of our students.
- We will provide a well-rounded education for each student through various curricular and extracurricular opportunities.
- We will employ research based instructional methodology.
- We will have processes and systems in place to guide decisions in the district.
- All students, on a broad array of academic indicators, will show continuous improvement and perform at the highest levels when compared to state and national performance.
- All students will develop and demonstrate positive behaviors necessary to become productive and contributing citizens.
- All instructional decisions will be made using district wide systems.
- Each student will be held to challenging academic expectations.
The School Board's Mission
Our mission, in cooperation with parents, families and communities is to educate children in a safe environment, provide equal learning opportunities and encourage our students to strive for excellence. As board members we are committed to fiscal and educational accountability to our parents, families, staff so that all students will be successful in a changing world. .